05 November 2013
Today's Silver Lining
Don't want to fail NaBloPoMo on Day #5, but this is all I have the time and energy for today.
After staying up all night with a barfing 7 year old, after cleaning an ungodly mess in her bedroom at midnight last night, after waging a bleach battle against germs at 2am, after soothing a tiny person who doesn't understand why things are catapulting out of her with such force and violence…
…there is one small thing for which I am thankful.
I am thankful that last night was one of the very, very rare evenings when I overcame my lazy-hair-doing ways, and braided my little minion's long, wild, curly mane.
The braid made the midnight clean up -- and all of the subsequent clean ups -- a kajillion times easier.
* * *
And that, folks, is all I got.
* * *
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Now Offering: Humanity
Based on the ads I'm seeing lately, I have to conclude: "We really hate ourselves, don't we?" Two recent examples: A bus ...
-
Today is National Delurking Day. So get with the program, peeps. Comment. Early, often, politely or not. There's a reason why Nike ...
-
For today's Fun Monday, AOJ and the Lurchers gave us this assignment: Continuing in the spirit of "being interested in people,...

No comments:
Post a Comment