16 November 2009

NaBloPoMo Failure, Sleep Deprivation Chronicles, and Pitfalls of Having a Large Family

First the failure: I couldn't do it. Couldn't do 30 posts in 30 days. Between Friday and Monday, we had two soccer games, one basketball game, two end of season soccer parties, Mass (yes, we really made it!), and one large work day for Rick, helping to plant the new El Cerrito Community Center garden. I guess I just couldn't keep up with all of that, feeding the family, doing the laundry, AND blogging. Very sad, very disappointing. Perhaps I will sneak back in through the back door, and post multiple times in a day in order to get to November 30th and have a (30) next to the month. We shall see. For now, I will retreat and promise to do better next time...if I ever agree to such foolishness again.

* * *

Second, the sleep deprivation: I was just leaving a phone message for someone, and I couldn't remember my cell phone number. I felt like an idiot. The nice lady taking the message thought I was looney. How embarrassing. I need some sleep, BAD.

* * *

Third, the pitfall: This morning I was on the freeway in late rush hour traffic, and was absolutely irritated that I couldn't be in the carpool lane. I am so used to automatically qualifying for the HOV lane, given that I always travel with a tribe, that I was incredulous this morning when I was barred from entering the diamond lane with only my little monkey LuLu in the car with me. It was 9:53; HOV time ends at 10:00. It was all I could do to stay in the slow lanes to the right. I felt entitled to that faster lane, and quite resentful that I couldn't be there. I have, in the past, speculated that I will get a ticket for violating the carpool lane rules at some point in my life because merging on over to the left is an automatic process for me.

I did give in at 9:57. So there, CHP, I gotcha!

* * *

1 comment:

Viv said...

I was going to leave a comment (and I guess I am) but, I'm so tired that for the life of me, I can't remember what I wanted to say.

Open A Drawer

Today's 15 minute writing exercise, from The Observation Deck: A Tool Kit for Writers , by Naomi Epel ______________________ I thrust my...