13 September 2011

I'm Gettin' Educated

Things I've learned from homeschooling my kids today.


  • It's really hard to define the word 'opposite' without using the word 'opposite.'  At least, it is for me.
  • When you tell a child to go and look for something, say the movie you want to show them, it is necessary to explain the concept of looking for something because if you don't, she will just look at you funny and say: "But I don't know where it is!"  
  • There are few worse sounds in the entire universe than whining.  Actually, I already knew that, but it was definitely reinforced today.
  • No matter how many times you explain that a "scab" is a worker who is willing to betray other workers who are striking for better working conditions, kids will have more fun saying that a scab is dried up crusty blood, and then they will have even more fun showing off the ones they can find on their bodies.  (We are watching Newsies today.)


I have no idea if my kids are learning anything, but I'm definitely getting an eduation.

No comments:

Open A Drawer

Today's 15 minute writing exercise, from The Observation Deck: A Tool Kit for Writers , by Naomi Epel ______________________ I thrust my...