So....I've gone back to work.
Some things I've realized:
- Coming into the house at the end of the day requires approximately the same amount of energy as powering a small nation.
- Using my brain in a new way all day long is a strange and wonderful experience.
- I really, really need a new wardrobe.
- I really, really need a new haircut.
- There are TONS of chores around my house that I have been doing that my kids can and should be doing.
My kids, I'm sure, have their own take on my return to work. I hesitate to ask, because I'm not sure I want to know the answer. My 7 year old daughter's unsolicited commentary on our new state of affairs?
"It's like we don't even have a mom!"
Blacking out now. Will return momentarily.
* * *