14 October 2013

Giving Myself Whiplash

I have teenagers.

So I find myself these days swinging wildly back and forth between being a high-energy, high-impact motivational speaker and being a hard nosed, hard assed, line-in-the-sand maker.

It's very disorienting.

And I think I have whiplash.

I really do think they have been invaded by alien life forms who have set up command and are calling all the shots.  My only question is whether or not I will outlast the occupation.

I hope so.  I really do love these altered-state boys.  But mothering them lately is requiring large doses of dramamine.

Mothers from the other side: tell me how it's going to be with the rabbits someday...


* * *


No comments:

Open A Drawer

Today's 15 minute writing exercise, from The Observation Deck: A Tool Kit for Writers , by Naomi Epel ______________________ I thrust my...