08 January 2021

Embrace the Face

Every wrinkle, a memory.

Every crease, a story.

Every line and bump and spot and blemish, part of the soulful journey of my life, the trips around the sun and to the grocery store, the steps taken in joy and in pain.

Every imperfection a testament.

I embrace them all, and wear them as badges of my strength, power, resilience, and capacity for love.

Age, I embrace the lessons you have to teach and the joy you have to cultivate.


* * *

Whatever. I don't believe a word of that, but my teenage daughters are all about manifesting shit, and what the hell, it's free, I thought I'd give it try.

If you need me, me and my wrinkles will be over here waiting for transformation.


* * *

image source 

No comments:

Open A Drawer

Today's 15 minute writing exercise, from The Observation Deck: A Tool Kit for Writers , by Naomi Epel ______________________ I thrust my...