10 January 2008

Overheard

Today I was thinking about the unlikely bra comment I made to Elizabeth the other day, and I realized it's just one of the gems that have been overheard around here lately. Here are a few more. Some are from the kids, some from the adults.

  • “Who put the lollipop in the toilet?”
  • “Stop licking your brother.”
  • “Yes, you can bring your horse to the store.”
  • “Put the world down and go to sleep.”
  • “I love you too, but stop coming out of your room to tell me that.”
  • Elizabeth, to Lola’s Kindergarten teacher: “You’re annoying me.”
  • Samuel, in response to mom asking him if he washed his hands: He sniffs them and says: “Smells of mortality.”
  • "Please, God, let them go to sleep..." (OK,that one was me, about 10 minutes ago...)


  • There are so many times we find ourselves saying words we never thought would string together into a coherent sentence...

    * * *

    And we have a budding Picasso on our hands. Check out the proud art-eest:



    * * *

    And thank you Nicole, for sharing a fun little time waster with me on your blog. I did indeed have fun wasting time at this site and here is the result:



    Check it out yourself. And Nicole, how do you find these things??

    2 comments:

    Sandy said...

    "smells of mortality"....that freakin'a cracked me up!

    Thanks for sharing. Now put down the world and go to sleep. Sounds like advice we could all use.

    nicole said...

    I found those links here & there but I read designmom.com and aroomsomewhere.blogspot.com and they have lots of links. I am link crazy. I am glad you liked the snowflake site...cool

    Open A Drawer

    Today's 15 minute writing exercise, from The Observation Deck: A Tool Kit for Writers , by Naomi Epel ______________________ I thrust my...