06 April 2009

To Be Three, and Running

Remember how much joy could be found simply in running through green grass?


Remember when a sunny day was all it took to make you happy?


Remember being this free?


The greatest gift a child gives is the chance to see the world through her eyes, to see what she sees. And this kid? She sees excitement, opportunity, people she wants to talk with, places she wants to conquer, and mountains she will climb. She sees pure joy; it's written in her wide smile and in her rare moments of quiet contemplation.


My job? Don't screw up. Don't stand in the way of her boundless optimism. Learn a thing or two about hope along the way.

* * *

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very wise words. I often need a reminder to slow down and see things through my kiddos eyes.

KaraB said...

Love this.

Open A Drawer

Today's 15 minute writing exercise, from The Observation Deck: A Tool Kit for Writers , by Naomi Epel ______________________ I thrust my...