04 August 2010

Bumblebee

I made this cake for my friend Debra's housewarming party. See, we call her D'Bee for fun. Hence, a bumblebee cake.


I heart decorating cakes. It's the only Martha Stewart thing I do. Trust me, it's out of character.

I got the idea from a picture of another bumblebee cake I found on the internet, and adapted it to suit the tools and stuff I have. It was easy and FUN!

If I ever do this again, which is about as likely as my getting a PhD in astrophysics, like Brian May of Queen, I will shape the whole cake and the wings differently, to avoid the butterfly similarity. One of my daughters said: "That's not a bee, that's a butterfly, mom." She was a little disgusted with me.

No matter. I loved it. D'Bee loved it. That's enough.

* * *

2 comments:

nicole said...

so martha of you!!

Homemaker Man said...

Adorable. I took it as a bee lying on a butterfly mattress. It's an ironic bee.

Open A Drawer

Today's 15 minute writing exercise, from The Observation Deck: A Tool Kit for Writers , by Naomi Epel ______________________ I thrust my...