15 August 2011

Recent Conversations

My son very much wishes we would join the ranks of, well, everyone else on the planet (according to him) and buy a flat screen TV. I'm sure we will at some point, but not fast enough for him. He told me today that my dad has promised to buy him a flat screen TV...just as soon as "they" find Amelia Earhart's body.

Poor kid.

He told me this while flipping through a New Yorker magazine in the car on the way to soccer practice, and he happened on a cartoon of a family in their living room. Indignant, he exclaimed: "SEE? Even cartoon people have flat screen TVs!"

Poor, deprived kid.

* * *

Little T: "Mommy, I decided that when I'm a grown up, and I have a baby, and I have the baby in my hand, I am going to give the baby my blankey."

Lady E: "I feel sorry for that baby."

Little T: "Why??"

Lady E: "Because that skanky blankey has had a sucked-on thumb all over it."

* * *

Little T: "Mommy, can I have some gum?"

Mommy: "No."

Little T: "Well, I'm gonna take some anyway. BOO-YA!"

* * *



No comments:

Open A Drawer

Today's 15 minute writing exercise, from The Observation Deck: A Tool Kit for Writers , by Naomi Epel ______________________ I thrust my...