12 March 2008

Family Math

4 = 0


“You never take us to get anything to eat!”
Oh really? So let’s see, today is Tuesday and I took you to get cookies last Friday. So 4 days is equivalent to never. I see.

3 = 17


“I think that was three.”
Actually, Lola, that was the 17th time I have swung you from one side of the sliding roller-ball, handle-bar thing to the other.

2 + 2 = 2


“You said we could have 2!”
Yes, I did. You already had 2 cookies. Just because an hour has passed does not mean that the laws of mathematics still do not apply; even though you would like two more cookies, 2 + 2 still equals 4.


55 ÷ 7 = 12


If you have 55 homemade cookies and there are seven people in your family, those cookies will last approximately half of a day (or 12 hours). Do not plan on “making some cookies so we will have them to munch on for the week.”

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I love 55 divided by 7 - made me laugh out loud!

Open A Drawer

Today's 15 minute writing exercise, from The Observation Deck: A Tool Kit for Writers , by Naomi Epel ______________________ I thrust my...