14 June 2021

Daybook for 14 June 2021

Outside my window: A perfect June morning is wrapping my neighborhood in its fragrant, warm arms, and all the birds are singing their appreciation. 

I am thinking: that I need a new attitude about my job. My current attitude has me unmotivated and unexcited about the tasks and projects on my work to do list. This happens to me every now and then, and could be related to the end of the school year.

I am thankful for: birria tacos. Specifically, the ones I got from this taco truck last night at this taproom.

From the kitchen: literally nothing. I made a very thorough meal plan and shopping list on Friday, but it turns out that the essential step is actually going grocery shopping which I did not do. There were too many other fun things to do this weekend.

I am wearing: black yoga pants and a cute linen, flowered top that I got at a thrift store. Actually, I also got the pants at a thrift store. Thrift stores are my jam.

I am creating: this post.

I am going: to the Outlaw Music Festival in October! Really looking forward to it.

I am reading: My Grandmother's Hands. A beautiful book. Why I am reading it is the subject of another post. I should plan to write that. 

I am hoping: that my daughter gets a job for the summer. Quickly.

I am hearing: the birds chirping in the perfect June morning.

Around the house: all of my daughter's stuff that she brought home from college. We haven't figure out where to store it all yet, and I think she is coming home with approximately three times the amount of stuff we moved her into the dorms with back in February.

One of my favorite things: Music. Listening to it, playing it, singing along to it, watching it live...all of the music things are my favorite.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Lots of soccer! No summer off for this soccer family.

And a picture:

This is what I saw when I looked up from where
I was sitting at last Saturday's soccer game.


I invite you to join me by posting your own daybook with these categories (or any others you choose).

No comments:

Open A Drawer

Today's 15 minute writing exercise, from The Observation Deck: A Tool Kit for Writers , by Naomi Epel ______________________ I thrust my...