- An ER visit, followed by all kinds of fun tests and scans
- High fevers (3 out of 5 kids)
- 1 barfer (so far)
- A hacked checking account
- 8 straight days of rehearsals/performances
- Soccer camp: that we are running, not simply attending
- Lots of eating in the car, ergo, lots of spilling in the car
- Lots of getting places late
Usually, when people say things to me like "I don't know how you do it," I kind of shrug it off. Usually, my attitude is that everyone has their own version of normal, and this big ole family just happens to be mine.
But this week? I don't know how I do it either. I think I must be sleep walking through the sturm und drang, or traveling inside a protective bubble. Or maybe that's just God. Or denial. Or the nightly cocktails I've had with my dad.
I can't plan ahead more than 1 hour this week. I'm hoping we don't get hit with any more excitement. I wouldn't want that protective bubble to burst.
* * *